Whether it’s an outdated election sticker, your Alma matter, the ever popular stick figure family, or something the dealership slapped on – it’s time to remove that bumper sticker from your car. This can be a tough task if you’re unsure of how to remove a bumper sticker. You don’t want to waste your time fruitlessly picking and peeling, and you don’t want to risk damage to your paint or vehicle. Follow our guide to get your vehicle out of this sticky situation! And check out this step by step video guide to remove a bumper sticker!
How to Remove a Bumper Sticker
These tips work on paint, plastic, metal, and glass.
What You’ll Need
Lift Off® Sticker, Tape, and Adhesive Remover
- You’ll want to work in the garage or a shady area so your vehicle isn’t in direct sunlight. Use a scraper to gently lift a corner of the sticker from the surface.
- Pay close attention not to scratch paint or the surface with your scraper.
- Spray Lift Off around the edges of the sticker and start lifting the sticker away from the surface.
- Lift Off works in a unique way to break the molecular bond between the surface and adhesive. Because of this you’ll need to spray around the edges and scrape as you go. Wipe away access Lift Off if necessary.
- After the sticker has been removed wipe the area clean using a damp cotton cloth.
Not only can you banish bumper stickers, Lift Off allows you to safely remove pinstriping and strip off stickers. Keep your vehicle looking pristine by removing bumper stickers from paint, plastic, metal, or glass without damage!